Discover Your Market
Doing your due diligence about the market and your customers is the most important step in the process. Unfortunately, it's also the one that get skipped by most web and app development companies. It's much sexier to just build the app as you want to see and assume that you understand the market. An app or website is the "shiny new toy" we can show our friends and be proud of.But your success should not be based on your ability to produce an app. Instead, you should measure your success by your ability to positively impact your customers' lives.
What do you need to know about your market?
- What problem do you think you are solving and who are you solving it for?
- What do you know about those customers?
- What struggles and pain do they experience?
- What do they like to do? What habits do they have?
- What motivates them? What goals and aspirations do they have? Who do they admire?
- What typical behaviors do you notice? Who do they turn to for advice? How do they feel about money?
- How does your solution solve the problem? How does it jive with what you know about the customers?
- How will you keep your customers engaged in the long term? What will trigger them to use your product? What reward do they get? How do you get them to advocate your product or service?
- What do you get out of your customers' successes? How will you make money?
Energize Technologies will also perform compettive landscape analysis to make sure you understand what products and services are already out there to address your customers' problems. We'll even identify unmet needs and opportunities that your product or service can fill.
If you are serious about building your website or mobile application, the upfront market research will be the best possible investment you can make. Not only will it save time and money in rework, but it could also save you your entire budget if you decide that building your solution is not worthwhile given what you have learned.